For additional products, click on a category below:
Category: Industrial Chemicals & Solvents
Acetone Industrial Grade / Technical Grade, Dimethylketone, 2-Propanone, Propanone
Acetone is a common and versatile ketone solvent. Several factors contribute to its widespread use:
- For a solvent, Acetone is aggressive. It is commonly used where other solvents aren’t effective.
- It is generally lower in cost.
- Perhaps most importantly, the EPA ruled this solvent a Sara Title 313 material. That means its emissions are non-reportable on the Sara Title 313 or TRI report. (However, for transportation and all other purposes, it is classified as a hazardous material.)
In appearance, it is a colorless liquid with a sweetish odor and is a fast evaporator.
Acetone has many industrial applications:
- Paints & Coatings: It is one of several solvents used as a diluent in paints & coatings. Also, it is used for line flushing.
- FRP Composites: It is the primary solvent used as a diluent in fiberglass reinforced products.
- Industrial Cleaning: It can be used as a degreaser.
- Electronics Cleaning: This cleaning solvent is a fast evaporator, so it is well suited to cleaning precision electronics. A special high purity grade, such as Acetone Semi Grade or Acetone ACS Reagent Grade, is often used in this application.
- Metalworking Cleaning: Metal may come with a rust preventative coating. It is effective at removing this.
- Manufacturing: It can be used as a carrier solvent in manufacturing operations.
- Replacement Solvent: Companies looking to reduce their reportable emissions use it in place of solvents such as MEK and MIBK.
This ketone solvent is extremely flammable. It is important to keep it away from sparks, flames, and other potential ignition sources. Store material in a conditioned environment, and keep the lid on to prevent product evaporation. Avoid contact with the liquid as it can potentially cause skin irritation. Also, avoid concentrated vapors. Please see Acetone Safety Data Sheet for full safety and compatibility information.
This product comes in standard package sizes of: 4 gallon cases, 33lb (5 gal) pails, 365 lb (55 gal) drums, and full bulk tank trucks. We also offer many options for product customization, see Services.
CORECHEM looks forward to working with your company on bulk Acetone! Contact us today.
UN1090, Acetone, 3 , PG II