Isopropyl Alcohol 99%
Isopropyl Alcohol Industrial Grade / Technical Grade, Isopropanol, IPA, Propan-2-ol , 2-Propanol, Dimethyl Carbinol, Rubbing Alcohol
Isopropyl Alcohol 99% (IPA) is a highly functional alcohol solvent, with a useful combination of attributes:
- IPA is a non-toxic alcohol.
- As a solvent, it has the rare ability to be miscible with, or go into, both water and oil.
- IPA is relatively economical.
- It is an antiseptic.
In appearance, IPA is a clear liquid with a slight odor. Usually, industrial applications use industrial grade (technical grade) IPA. However, laboratories and QA applications often use Isopropyl Alcohol 99% ACS Reagent. Reagent grade product has been purified to remove common constituents that may be present in industrial grade material.
Isopropyl Alcohol 99% has a number of industrial applications. Commonly, it is used in paints & coatings, and as a cleaning solvent.
- Paints & Coatings: IPA is used as a diluent, holding the resin in suspension. It has a medium to slow rate of evaporation which lends itself well to this application.
- Cleaning Solvent: IPA effectively cleans off inks, adhesives, oils, gums, gasoline, grease, and etc. Sticky particles can be easily wiped away as they are brought into a solution. IPA leaves no film behind.
- Extractant: IPA extracts oils from plant fiber.
- Antiseptic Cleaner: IPA is used as an antiseptic cleaner in applications that require a non-toxic disinfectant. For example, if bleach were used in a greenhouse, the plants would be destroyed.
Keep IPA away from ignition sources, as it is flammable. Store it in a well ventilated area, with the lid tightly closed to avoid product evaporation. IPA can cause skin irritation. You should avoid contact with the product and its vapors. Please see Isopropyl Alcohol 99% Safety Data Sheet for full safety and compatibility information.
Isopropyl Alcohol 99% comes in standard package sizes of: 4 gal cases, 33 lb (5 gal) pails, 362 lb (55 gal) drums, 1970 lb (300 gal) totes, and full bulk tank trucks. We also offer many options for product customization, see Services. Additionally, we carry a standard dilution, see Isopropyl Alcohol 70%.
CORECHEM looks forward to working with your company on bulk IPA! Contact us today.
UN1219, Isopropanol, 3 , PG II